Saturday, November 15, 2008

First litter of mice!!

So, i went up to the tank tonight to feed the mice and i thought something wasnt right. I was hearing tiny little sqeaking going on too. I really didnt know what it was and i noticed only one mouse was out waiting for the feed when usually they all are. So i opened up the nest box and saw two of my three does(the brown one and golden one) were hudled in the corner and i kinda expected they were giving birth. I didnt want to bother them so i fed them and left.

I went back up a little while ago to check and it turns out there ARE BABY MICE!!!! I only saw one - three but i only wanted to take a quick glance. Not sure which one is the mother at this point, either the brown doe or the golden doe.

So in short... first litter of mice born late November 15th UPDATE: Mice have all been born, November 15th - November 17th.

No comments: